New Look, New Name, Same Blog!

...formally known as Bizzy Bee Creations...and then Bucket of Cherries...now Sweet Stamps. Hopefully this name will stick!

Nov 10, 2010

Duct Tape & Staples

No Sew Tote Bags!!
Who knew that you could make something so cute with duct tape and staples?!?!
I found the idea on Martha Stewart's website (love her!)
Super, super simple and lots of fun!
HERE is the tutorial.

This is what the inside of the bag looks like...


A few things I did different...I did not line the back of the fabric with iron on vinyl. However, when I do this again...I will use it on any bags I make using regular fabric...to give it more of a laminated feel inside. It will also make it easier to staple and fold the material. The upholstery weight fabric is thick enough and I don't think the vinyl is needed. I also only created a gusset (triangular bottom) on one of the bags. I like it with and without. I only bought enough webbing for one bag. On the other two, I used grosgrain ribbon for the handles.
Not my first choice but that is all I had and these were just my practice ones.


Thanks Martha :)

No comments: